Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And I wonder wonder wonder wonder

Who wrote the book of love?

Just kidding I've never wondered about that, but now I am. I mean, where do you buy this book? Amazon? or Borders or something? Or is it a secret book that you don't get until the secrets of the universe have been revealed to you?

That song is weird.

However, if the secrets of the universe have NOT yet been revealed to you--let me let you in on one maybe three or four very important detail (s)... Stop wearing white pants and white shoes. Right now. Well, actually you should have done it a while ago, but I've let it slide ish, but honestly I've just been judging you and keeping it inside of my head. I'm awesome like that. But now I've told you, so stop it. Yes, it is still hot here in Texas. Yes, I have a couple of pairs of LOVELY white pants that I'd like to keep in the rotation, but I can't until April 4, 2010.

I overheard 2 women at work saying that these statements were old fashioned. Maybe they thought I couldn't hear through an open door that stairs directly at their desks? I remained quiet, judging them all the while.

I'm not against some good winter white. I'm all for it, actually. This being said I am against white patent leather shoes for someone over the age of 10 (unless being used for a costume where you are acting as a 10 year old.)

Do you remember when you weren't allowed to wear Sunday shoes (just recalled we called them that and not dress shoes) that didn't have a strap to keep them on? I recall FINALLY getting a pair where the strap could be worn mary jane style OR wonder of all wonders, joy of all joys, it rotated around and could go behind the ankle part. They however, were not white, they were black with some embellishment. I was probably the most awesomest girl at church (as I did not wear anything but nike's Monday-Saturday.) Fear not, I had coordinating bows and socks for all outfits. I agree with Meg, if bows were still acceptable to wear now, I would.

So these nike's I had in multiple colors. They looked like saddle oxford's, however they had different colored stripes--not just black. I had them in red, green, yellow, and blue. The reds were my favorite. My parents pretended I "lost" them once because they were worn out. I found them.

So back to another point noted above (before I reminisced about childhood.) Other things that I don't like--women who wear pig tails. You are 30, dear--just use one pony tail. It's probably better for the environment. Hence my lack of bows that coordinate with my outfits. Maybe I'll make a tshirt dress, buy some keds, use a little puff paint, a little grosgrain ribbon and go as myself for Halloween circa 1988.

That... or I really want to be Flo from the progressive insurance commercials.

4 comments:

Abby said...

I have to admit that I am wearing my white capri pants with a very cute light sweater. I LOVE them. And, I still wear pig tails...sorry! I'm a terrible person.

Maggie said...

Oh no - I'm a horrible person too - I have a pair of white patent leather driving mocs - but I feel like they're the cute kind - no straps or bows... Am I forgiven?

3101 Austin Avenue said...

Ohhhh, good Halloween costume...I might have to steal that....and it would give me a great excuse to make a fabulous bow!! :)

3101 Austin Avenue said...

Except I would go as ME from the 80....possibly early 90s....not as YOU...