Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back in the saddle again. A little work fodder from this crazy place.

True events.

The other day a woman was wearing elastic stretchy velvet pants. She also buys wind suits. Now. New ones.

Today. I'm in my "pump station" (aka supply closet), with a note on the door that says, "Room in use. Please do not disturb." When knock knock knock, "Hey, Amanda."

Ummm.... yes?

Can I come in and get that cart?

Just a second please.

Well, I really need to get that cart. We have a lot of stuff out here.

Just a second please (a little more forcefully.)

I threw all of my stuff in a bag, hitched things up, and walked out trying to not make eye contact with the THREE PEOPLE who were standing outside of the door. I'm mortified. For myself and for this person who has NO IDEA bout social cues. She then proceeded to apologize and say that she knew I was in the middle of things.

That just happened.

9 comments:

clara said...

Ugh, why are people so inconsiderate?! And she knew you were in the middle of something...what a b- word.

SpeasHill said...

Tell 'em to suck it next time.

Isn't there a new law about providing a clean, private place to pump?

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I thought your work place had to provide you somewhere to pump.

And seriously? I would have been mortified. And then I would have killed her.

Deana said...

The math teacher on my team has to pump in her classroom at lunch. Apparently one day, the security guard, despite the blacked-out window and giganto note saying, "DO NOT ENTER!!!", unlocked the door to let a student and his parent into the classroom. Easily one of the most mortifying moments I can imagine.

CDS said...

A. people are rude!
B. I will tell you how great PJ jeans are soon
C. I am scared about having to pump at work...

EMAAC said...

You're lucky you have a closet. I had to pump in the only girls restroom available that had a vent fan than ran constantly. Fun times.
However, biyotch should have known better. nothing is THAT is important.

Carol said...

You should have said something lie "WOW, you REALLY need the supply cart? Cuz, my baby cannot sustain LIFE without the milk I'm pumping...just saying" and then gave that chic the stink eye.

Jill said...

My male boss used to call me on my cell when I was in the Mother's Room and got mad that I wouldn't answer. Ummmm gross sick no. People are so dumb!

Ordinarylife said...

Hey, at least she knocked. Our IT guy just opened the door and walked in on me....YIP! I am not sure who was more embarrased. After that there was a note on the door and a chair against the handle so nobody could get in.