Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's an epidemic.

We have a roly poly epidemic at work. I'm not entirely sure of the roly poly's technical name. Only that we used to sit on my grandparents astro-turf covered porch and play with them... and then perhaps release them into their house. We were evil vile children. This isn't true, but we had cousins who lead us astray. Please note that I do my best to not touch roly poly's at work--ever. They weird me out. Bigger question perplexing me right now--are they at all related to armadillo's or popples? I'm thinking more likely they are akin to popples. Don't hold me to this though.

Another issue--Do werther's originals make my ass look fat? The answer. Yes. We have these candies at work and I love them. I think they are delightful and tasty and they remind me of my Nanny's purse. Well, werther's and double mint gum. (If you are wanting to know what my mom's purse reminds me of... 1. luggage because it's huge 2. halls lemon cough drops 3. various assortments of gum). SO, I sit here daily--eating at least 4 werther's a day. AND, I've noticed that in the last say 3 months I've gained a lot of weight. I did not know that hard old people candies were of the devil. (Maybe I like them because of my old lady skin disease?)

And finally, Ben has done something silly. Finally he falls into the category in which I fall daily. Times when I ask if onions grow on trees, fly into the wrong airport, ask if the bats take weekends off etc etc etc. This weekend, after much debate about outfits (for me, of course) we went to dallas only to find that the reunion was the weekend before. oops. I have laughed and laughed but only because I find joy in others humility (because it's finally not my own.) It turned into a great weekend of unexpected visits.

And somehow.. it's only 10:30 on tuesday morning and I'm thinking I need a nap.

2 comments:

SpeasHill said...

My mom's purse reminds me of crumpled up kleenex. Clean, but crumpled.

A.B. said...

Nancy, I wonder about this and maybe you can answer. My mom also has the crumpled kleenex. Now that you are a mom, "where does the packaging for the kleenex go?"