Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's a hard knock life for me

So I can't stop being tired. Like my eyes can't focus tired. I wake up in the mornings exhausted. I'm so tired of "events". I'm so tired of having something every weekend that even thinking about all that I need to do makes me even more tired. Why oh why can someone not clean my house and do my laundry? When I get home it's the last thing I want to do. But where do I find myself on my days off? Doing just that. I sweep, dust, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, mop/swiffer wetjet, change the sheets, towels, do laundry. Gross. No wonder I'm tired. How do orphans like Annie do this every day? It's a good thing that we didn't have a huge house and that I wasn't forced to clean everyday.

Seriously, though... I'm tired. TIRED. I could fall asleep at any point in time. I got up on Tuesday am and went running. This usually energizes me and I'm up and ready for the day. I ran 5 miles, came home and had to lay back down. Totally unusual. I think a nap could possibly help? I'm not sure though--because I live in fear of not being able to sleep at night. My alarm goes off and I snooze one time (usually means I just lay there thinking about how I should get up and get dressed because I'm not even sleeping,) Now, my alarm goes off and I feel like I can barely become aware enough to snooze. Then I sit and think... how much longer could I sleep and still make it to work on time? Do I really need to shower? How many sick days do I have left?

What is wrong with me? I will most assuredly check webmd and it will tell me I am preggo (I am not), or have another serious illness. I'll go check now.

3 comments:

SpeasHill said...

Hm. I totally thought you were pregnant. Maybe anemic? Or just low on B-vitamins? Or chocolate? Or sunshine?

Cate said...

Ditto everything Nancy just said. Also, I know from recent experience that not having *real* downtime, like not have to think/plan/anticipate/do ANYTHING downtime, for a while can lead to serious exhaustion. You need a couple of weekends of that in a row. Dare to dream.

Erin Michelle said...

Heyyyy!! You're on my gmail chat list now so I found your bloggy that way. I have one as well but am bad about updating!! Hope this isn't stalkerish. :) So hard to tell these days! I hear the tired thing - I blamed it on seasonal depression, but who knows!! SEE YOU LATER!!
Erin from TNT