Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I swore I'd never...

So I swore I'd never put my baby in bed with me. Fail. I mean, I don't put him in bed when I go to bed at night. no. I put him in his cradle. Feed him. Put him in his swing. Feed him. At some point when all I need is a little sleep for the next hour, though, I let him lay in bed with me/on me. My sister said that at this point in time, "it's all about survival." I am taking that and saying I'm ok with it. He'll probably not sleep in bed with me until he's 17 just because for an hour or so a day I let him lay on me in bed. Right? Whatevs, Griffin, go get your car keys and climb on in.

In other poopy notes... ps, I never thought I'd text someone about someone ELSE'S poo. Fail. I have. I've also emailed about it. Now I like to talk about poo, but it's usually my own. Not someone else's. So yesterday at target the kid needed to eat so I went to the bathroom to feed him. Gross, I know, but I didn't want to walk around with a cart and a baby on the boob so I went into the handicap stall and let me tell you--my child grunts. He makes a LOT of noises (which also leads to me not sleeping)--anyway--he's grunting away. A lady walks in with her 2 children and they are all going potty and I hear one of them say (multiple times) "I think some one in here has diarrhea." I'm wearing silver sparkly Tom's so it isn't like I have on generic shoes that no one will notice. (yes, that is what I think about... can you see my shoes? Will you notice me when I'm in the pen aisle shopping for a new sharpie pen?)

This is where it's lead me, y'all.

I also realized that my hair is like 75% grey. I'm getting that taken care of tomorrow. Thank goodness. Otherwise I'm one of those moms... you know, the kind with roots, hideous outfits, still have a baby belly and you judge them at target? I'm there.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You and your baby are going to be A-OK, happy with each other, and better rested if you let him sleep with you now and then. We didn't (and don't) co-sleep on a regular basis, and C LOVES her crib now and asks to get in it when she's tired, but when all that will help your baby sleep is being with you all cuddled up, for God's sake do it!

We had a routine for a while where C slept in her bassinet until about 5am, then ate and got in bed with me, and she would sleep until 8 or so. Those last few hours were bliss and I would have gone to the looney bin without them.

CDS said...

I think I just peed a little...because I knwo what yuou mean about the shoes in the stall thing!! :) xoxo

Courtneytcu98 said...

I must second what Elizabeth said: the hours from 5-8am are the difference between sanity and insanity. This equals co-sleeping. Once he's 3ish months old you can re-assess. It won't last forever, promise.

Deana said...

I have no real advice on baby-raisin' as I've never raised one. But I am an expert on things that are weird/disturbing. This is definitely NOT one of them.

I'll let you know if I get any blips on the radar though.

Lowie said...

You should never have to feed that precious little baby in a bathroom! If you don't feel comfy with nursing-in-public get some clothes to "try-on" and nurse in the dressing room. And co-sleeping is perfectly natural and wonderful, just make sure he is safe and snuggly.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I also swore I would never let a child sleep in the bed with me. It's easy to say that when you're getting a full 8 hours at night. But I pulled E in the bed with us on multiple occasions and she is now sleeping through the night in her room. So you will not spoil him or whatever they say. Get some rest Mama. Anyway you can!

I also think about the whole shoes/stall thing.