Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We probably have rabies.

Just saying. It's most likely.

So apparently I should not eat thai food while nursing the baby. He had a hard morning with little to no sleeping. THen we went to the doctor and chunkfest now weighs 10 lbs. He's doing great. WE made our way to target because he was SLEEPING. He opened his eyes to poop once, but that's it. We came home and I put him in his swing and he slept more. I closed our bedroom door so the dogs wouldn't go in there (my little one has decided to eat breastpads lately... weird.)

He wakes up.

I sit in glider to feed him.

He falls asleep again so I just sit there and cuddle him.

I notice a brown spot on the play mat. I am like, well damn, a dog shit on the play mat.

Then it moves.

The dog shit moves!!

I FREAK OUT and go look at it and... it's a bat. a BAT. I had my baby locked in a room with a rabies infested, dog shit looking, EFFING BAT.

I'm the worst. mom. ever.

Ben has since rescued the invader and put him outside.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

oh my good god! SERIOUSLY???? You must have FREAKED. You're not a bad mom...bats are just mean.

LOVE YOU

Maggie said...

That is soooo creepy. Major props to Ben for rescuing you and Fin!

Denise&John said...

This is an important step in his training to become Batman. The fear he experienced today will resonate throughout his life and one day help him to put on the cape and cowel. . .that or give him a major anxiety disorder.

Seriously, if you'd just listened to me and named him Batman I wouldn't have had to put the bat in the kid's room today. Now I gotta MAKE it happen.

We miss you and Ben-JM

Deana said...

It is probably knocking a couple of Heaven points off the tote board in the sky, but... OMG... did I laugh at this description. You'd get an A+ in my class. So totally Amanda. And you're one of the best moms I know. Mainly 'cuz you grabbed him when the dog shit moved.

And John's comment? Verrry funny. Many would have gone with a Twilight reference. This was better. Well-played.