Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love.


How can you not love this one? I know I'm super MIA right now. Turns out this whole waking up/feeding someone else every 3 hours can be simply exhausting. I do it for this face, though. Look at that sweet baby!

He made his first trip to Mecca yesterday. That's Target in case you were wondering. We needed a few items and lets face it... I think the economy was probably failing due to my lack of Target runs. I just wanted to do my part for the good ol' US of A. Things we needed--an inclined positioner for his cradle which he isn't a fan of sleeping in, diapers (tried the up and up target brand... he poops and pees right through them. We're sticking with the pampers), nursing tanks--GOD SEND, and a new book for me. I think it's called the Menonite in a Black Dress or something close to that. He was a dream while we were out and only started screaming once we were almost home. I think he was sad when he realized we had left the store.

Gizmo, the little asshole love of my life, has behaved so surprisingly. We thought the options for him would be either--lack of interest or hate. Instead, he thinks that Griffin is his and is very concerned anytime he cries. He wants to be near him and make sure he's OK. It's sweet, and occasionally annoying. Mostly sweet though. Maggie is too dumb to notice that there have been any changes. I suppose that's good? Whatevs.

The body is slowly recovering. I'm looking forward to the pudge simply disappearing. This hasn't completely happened so far. Probably next week. Right guys?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

CDS said...

He is a sight for sore eyes...as fot the pudge...are you wearing a "faja"?? It'll help.

Lowie said...

Nursing tanks are a God Send. So are the Bravada nursing bras. They do make belly wraps for the pudge, but first off you gained nothing during pregnancy and are a gorgeous new mommy. And breastfeeding helps get it off.

3101 Austin Avenue said...

How do you even have time to write posts? I am in awe!!! Good for you!!! Should I tell you all of my pudge is gone??? Would that make you feel better? I would, of course, be lying....

Loosy said...

Griffin is absolutely PERFECT. Please share more pictures.

About the pudge, um, you JUST pushed out a baby. Cut yourself some slack. It takes something like 6-8 weeks for your cervix to shrink back to it's normal size. Dude. Cannon is 13 months and I'm FINALLY normal again. Well. Not mentally. I've never been mentally normal.

A.B. said...

What is a faja??

Brooke, you are tinyville and I think you look fabs--espesh when holding a glass of wine.

Thanks so much Lowie!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

If you get rid of your pudge before me, I'm going to be pissed!! I'm four months out and still wondering when it's going to leave!

He's absolutely precious =)