Saturday, January 1, 2011

5 Months!


Who knew that in only 5 months I could both feel like he just arrived and not imagine my life without him all at the same time. He is just one of the happiest babies--ever. Even when he's tired. Ok, maybe especially when he's tired. He gets really tickleish when he's sleepy and thinks everything is funny. You know, like when mom has had too much vino.

Yes, he is wearing leg warmers. don't judge. I have lots and lots of Christmas pictures that, at some point, will make their arrival on here, but for now... lets just look at how cute my 5 month old is. He can grab anything and put it in his mouth. Immediately. All of a sudden he went from sleeping in 3 hour intervals to sleeping 7 hours at once? what? I'm hoping it isn't a fluke and that it's here to stay. I also woke up every few hours and went to check on him to make sure he was breathing. what? That's totally normal, right? This means we are REALLY CLOSE to taking back our bathroom (which is currently where he sleeps.)

He is also getting ready to start scooting. when he's going to sleep/fighting sleep (one of his number one skills) he pushes his little toosh up in the air and rolls over. if he weren't trying to not sleep, I'd laugh. Basically, he's the cutest baby ever.

Last year on new years I was not even 3 months pregnant and now I have a 5 month old. Both make it almost impossible to stay up until midnight. so, here's a little snapshot we took when he went to sleep after dinner... that we went to at 6 pm. on new year's eve.

2 comments:

CDS said...

amazing! so happy to see you all doing this well...I hope to get there!

A.B. said...

Ceci, I PROMISE it all will be ah-mazing shortly. Not that it isn't amazing now, but it will be amazing in a more restful kind of way.