Monday, May 25, 2015

love.

I was sitting rocking Oliver tonight contemplating how much I love my babies.  I was singing old hymns.  Those are bed time songs, no?  Well, they are to me.  And You are my Sunshine.  In my memory my grandfather is singing it to me and so I sing it as my first song of the night to every child.  I love that Griffin gets it wrong and sings, "you make me happier."  I love that.  Sometimes I sing it that way just because I don't want him to change it.  I like to laugh about and write all of the things that make me giggle, annoyed, frustrated in my mommy world.  I couldn't love them more.  I hope I say that enough.  I don't think you can say that enough, though.

Tonight I was reminded of how much I'm loved.  Griffin told me he loves me more than I love him.  He loves me to infinity.  Katchillions come before infinities and he loves me more than that.  He said that.

I like to tell my boys how much I love them and why.  I make sure to start with that I love them because they are kind.  It usually is in some order of "I love you because you are kind.  And funny.  and smart.  And thoughtful.  and handsome."  Meyer told me, "I wuv you.  Is kind."  I can't.  It's too much.  It is more than I could hope for.  He also told me that "Mama pretty."  Hello, favorite child.  Other than the other 2.

Oliver lights up when he sees me.  He snuggles up in my neck.  He is precious and sweet and lovely and adorable and I'm sure he will be very kind.  He has 2 great examples.

I love them.  More than they could ever know.  To the moon and back.  From their head to their tippy tippy toes and everywhere in between.  More than there are stars in the sky.

And I hope they never change.










No comments: