Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Kindergarten 2015












You are here.  Kinder.  My biggest first baby is in school for the rest of forever.  People kept thinking that I would fall apart.  He was so excited though.  It was hard to be sad.  I worried.  Don't get me wrong.  I worried about little old 5 year old G in a big ol' public school.  I worry about bullies.  I worry someone will be mean.  I worry that he will lose his fancy and purple will no longer be his favorite color.  I despise phrases like "boys like..."  It is his first time in ALL DAY school.  He is rocking it.  the first morning when I woke him up he said, "how many more days do I have to wake up this early?"  THatta boy G.  Forever.

We miss him.  Meyer was immediately ready to go get "fiffin."  It's quiet in here.  You have gone to school for NINE WHOLE DAYS as of today.  You were a little clingy when I dropped you off this morning.  Your teacher assured me you would be fine.  You look so big with that back pack on.  At the end of the day I feel like I never get to see you.

Hold your head high my love.  Be brave.  Be yourself.  Be kind to everyone.  Shed some tears.  Stand up for what you believe.  Love people for their differences.  Eat your lunch.  Wash your hands.  Learn new things.  Miss your mommy.

No comments: