Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It looks cold outside, but I'm not sure.

So, I'm laying on the couch looking out the window thinking that it looks chilly out there. Who knows though... I'm still focusing on not leaving the house so that I don't buy things ;) It's working so far! Perhaps I'm also laying on the couch because I have the slightest of a headache from last night?? I wasn't going to go to the bar we go to every tues, because we're trying to save money and I order wine instead of cheap beer. SO, I pretended to be in college again and had some drinks before leaving the house... because I'm economical. Then I ordered the cheapest glass of wine when we got there (I left the house because I decided human interaction was more important than watching the new Law and Order SVU... no worries, it's Tivo-d.) Anywho...
I'm about to use the facilities and I put my glass on the counter and run into an older gentleman's arm who then requests to purchase me a drink... for which I go for a more expensive option of wine. Of course I said yes! I'm working on being economical and this fell into smart economics. However, this type of free drink comes with it's downfalls. I mean, I have to stand there and seem interested in whatever the guy is saying and continue to work in that I'm married (this was said multiple times) and that I have a Divinity degree. This typicall makes people run... or ask if I can be in a bar. So, a good 10 minutes were wasted on my politeness, so I guess money smarts come wtih their downfalls.
So at the height of being money conscious I also ended up intoxicated and devouring some tequitos (perhaps I also need to be a bit more weight conscious). This always seems a less pleasant idea the next morning. I had both drinking and tequito remorse. But when you're unemployed perhaps this is the way life goes? I mean, that's what I'm learning from day time tv commercials. All I need to do is become a medical assistant and all of my worries will be taken away. Who knew?

1 comment:

Cate said...

hahaha... I've been watching daytime TV, too, and that is so true about the medical assistants! I've even caught myself thinking, "wow, maybe that's what *I* should have done..."