Monday, February 18, 2008

Weight watchers... tighter pants.

I am a self professed lover of the weight watcher way of life. Well, I was. Now, I seem to be just watching my weight grow by the day. I blame it on the girl scout cookies, wine, and general love of all cheese. I just do so well with celebrating with everyone and celebrations always involve food, right? Perhaps I'm at the wrong celebrations. Turns out that eating a lot of 100 calorie snacks isn't really the way to go. Who knew?

I said I was going to start counting points for Lent. I mean, sacrifice is part of what it's about and part about taking an action on. Ok, so this isn't all that religious, expept when I pray, "God, please let me only eat 2 thin mints today." I mean, they have THIN in he name. Perhaps next year I'll give up girl scouts all together. At least my heart feels good that I gave to a good cause, and my neighbor.

SOOOO I'm a little bit late, but today I ran. Tomorrow, the plan is to wake up and do it again, maybe twice. A little over zealous? maybe. I want to look good for Easter. I mean, if Jesus is a raising (I was going to say "a raisin'--country accent) but then it looked like Jesus was coming back as a withered grape. Not at all what I meant, but then again miracles happen... like turning water to wine. Biblical, therefore I believe I'll have a glass tonight.

Another thought, why do many engineers have short pants? This is a phenomenon I see when I visit B at his work. I mean, what is it with short jeans, wrinkled tshirts, and white high tops? Maybe for my job I could go there and just bring fashion to them? We can have little meetings... I could have a joint title of Minister, HR, and Social Worker. Perhaps I'll find the president of the company and see what he thinks about his idea. Maybe I'll also dress up as a robot so that he can hear me better.

As for the job search. lame. I'm helping this guy out who is an insurance broker. I don't even understand insurance so I'm no super thrilled about this, but I get out of the house and make some dolla. I'll be an upstanding member of society yet! I am looking into a MSSW program at UT. Does anyone want to pay me to go to school? That'd be fab.

And on this note... I hear the law and order theme song... so it looks like I'll watch 8 episodes because one starts right after the other... right after my cookie. Im a preacher of forgiveness and new beginnings. Tis the season for a new emergance... perhaps I'll emerge as an overweight woman stuffed into her old weight watchers clothes. Bring it.

No comments: