Friday, February 22, 2008

the south will rise again

I love the south. I would live there in a heart beat again. However, this is not the point of this post...

SO, I've gone to a temp agency and signed away my life. (not true.) I'm also helping this insurance broker, but this week I wet and worked at the Special Olympics of Texas office. I saw this as an opportunity to help people and perhaps meet some people that are more inline with the direction in which I want to move. Right? wrong.

So, I go in and they put me to work--data entry. Super, I can type like crazy a. because I grew up using computers and b. I wrote a million papers in college and grad school. Anyway, the girl showed me where the delete button was. I let this slide. I think that may have been the only time someone spoke to me that day until it was time to leave. I was typing away in a painful chair that was too short for the computer (without access to the internet... that made me super productive.) Anwyay, this woman comes up and taps on my shoulder and tells me that the girl in charge of me left and that she can't leave until I do. Uh, hello? I'm you're slave basically. Because that is how they treated me. Well, they treated me like a typing and filing slave. I used to think in a woe as me kind of way that my parents had me in order to clean bathrooms. I know, I know... I'm a dramatic child. I used to pretend to be Annie when doing my chores. SO... I suppose I should have pretended to be Annie again. That would have been more fun to be the crazy temp singing and dancing in the corner. That could have been abetter story.

Either way, today was my last day. I was supposed to only work until noon which was awesome, but still dreadful. So, I"m up ass early, doing my makeup, about to put on my clothes when the phone rings, I answer... it's the temp agency. Apparently I finished all the work yesterday and they didn't need me today. THis would have been SUPER to know last night!!!! RARg.

SO, instead I believe I'll get dressed and go to target. I mean, what's not to love about spending some time at your favorite store in the world on your day off?

As for the temp agency... not sure what's going on there. I don't think I'm cut out to do data entry and filing so much that my fingers are raw. I guess I had to try it to know for sure?

I plan on having wine tonight.

No comments: