Friday, February 8, 2008

a Hiatus

That's a funny word, but not as funny as this commercial I heard on the radio yesterday when I was driving back from Ft. Worth. (ps. I went to Ft. Worth for a change of scenery and to visit the rents which was lovely and touched with Joe T's.)

Anyway, back to the story... so I'm riding along jamming to some texas country music. SO this commercial is about Valentine's day. This guy is musing about how he doesn't know what to get his girlfriend/wife/significant other whatever the hell she is. She says things to him like, "It's ok, I don't really want anything." His response, "I know that means I can't show up empty handed." Her, "It doesn't matter as long as it's from you." him "Does that mean she wants chocolates?" ok, on and on for a few minutes like that and then the voiceover... "Come into Kroger where GROUND BEEF is only x amount of dollars." UMMMMMMMMMMM hell no does a girl want ground beef for valentines! If someone showed up a my door wih a bow around some dang ground beef I may throw it at the person. I am mad at Kroger for marketing this to un-knowing men... the ones who don't buy a card until valentine's day when all that's left are religious cards. It's just not right. That, and do they want them to buy the meat today? I mean, that's a week for it to sit hiding in the fridge (hopefully in the fridge.) This commercial did inspire me to make spaghetti last night. It was delish.

Ground beef--delish in spaghetti, not as a gift, unless perhaps my new diamond earrings are sticking ou the side... then it's still disgusting, but sparkly. Did Halmark put this on the approved gift category? They are falling down on the job.

Is it sad that I was remembering back to crap we used to buy our parents for holidays and then thought... damn, my husband better step up when we have kids and I better not get stupid shit. Yah, that's probably wrong, but I'm not looking forward to recieivng plastic necklaces or stuffed animals.

Another commercial ridiculousness... anytime they are marketing some new pills for anything joint pain, breathing, headache, depression etc. listen to the "possible side effects." Seriously they are like, "You may experience extreme nausea, depression, bleeding from the ear and your arm falling off. this only occurs in 39 percent of people. If this happens contact your doctor immediately." And me, the marketers dream am like wow... I should really ask my doctor about trying that. THis is why americans are dumb. Well, that and on our sleeping medications there is a reminder in the side effects section that says "May cause drowsiness." I hope so. stupid.

No comments: