Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hot crazy tranny mess

this is me. I'm basically some sort of crazy woman who has taken on 2 jobs and when I finally accepted the 2nd one today (after debating for 2 weeks) I almost threw up.

SO, I'll be the after school director for the Trinity Episcopal School here in Austin (trinitykids.com). It's this absolutely amazing job that I'm REALLY excited about! I'll get to fill my nitch of working with the little ones, working in an educational environment, and trying to get them to create a position for me full time... well, that or knocking off one of their chaplains and graciously stepping into their posish. WIll it work? Who knows. I have talked with the Director about future positions opening up for me there/them creating one.

The other one is taking on a PT youth ministry job at University United Methodist. They are a great church (as far as I can tell.) I love that they are open to the Mo's and make a statement about that, it's where the Wesley Fellowship meets, and it's across the street from Mellow Mushroom. You had me at extra cheese. Kidding of course. THis has been a big struggle. I've overthought and over complicated things. I am just not sure I'm ready to give up weekends... SO, I've asked for one weekend off a month and to do most of my work from home. Lets see if they still offer me this. Perhaps I should re-iterate to them how I would benefit the community by pouring my money into cheese products within walking distance to the church? We'll see. I sent a ridiculously long email to the sprc guy and he has not yet responded. and it's been an entire hour. My life is over. kidding.

AND.... I'm mentoring with Team in Training (with the leukemia and lymphoma society). We had our kick off meeting last night at which I'm so thankful I didn't have to talk because I would have been a blubbering mess after watching their video (which I've seen before.) We met our honored heroes and I met my mentees (well, all but 2). We start our group runs this Saturday and I begin fundraising NOW. (GIVE ME MONEY.) The race is in November and I need to raise about $2200. You can check out my website and donate at http://pages.teamintraining.org/ctx/rnrsa08/amandaeblack It's best if you open it in internet explorer for some reason? Probably the internet elves causing havoc. I'm excited about getting back into running EVEN after a guy hit me with his car door on Monday. This means I'm awesome.

So, back to my job dilemma now solved I suppose... I'm really stressed about it and need continual prayers. I'm afraid that I'm not good enough to do both, that I'm going to work an ass load, and that I'm going to fail. There. I said it. I actually SHARED some thoughts about myself. (and I just avoided a call from the sprc guy. Yep, screening my calls. Turns out he talked to the assoc and senior pastor and they are on board even though I laid out like a bagillion lists of things that I dont' want to do, or ways I want to do them.)

Heres to hoping that I can become a magician and weave a fake reality that makes them think I'm awesome.

2 comments:

Meach said...

Yay for jobs! Yay for Team in Training! Yay for Amanda!!

Now send whoever that insecure girl is away - my Spamanda wouldn't doubt her fabulosity.

Stop it, now.

Love you - see you this weekend?!

Unknown said...

congrats!
you will be great!