Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Emerging from hunger.

So Ben got me the Kindle for Christmas. What's that you say? It's days away? Pish Posh. It's a season so completely normal for me to get this on December 4th. My leveraging point was that I gave him his watch in November (new sports watch because he was doing an adventure race.) So, to make things right in the world he either needed to gift me my present that had arrived earlier that week, or give me back the watch and he can have it on Christmas. I also played the guilt card of him leaving me for the second time in a month for an entire week.

It's dreamy. I didn't think I wanted one, because I really like books. Then, I kind of changed my mind. Now, I'm obsessed. Love it. When I'm holding baby or rocking him I can read with one hand. I've also reduced my already little sleep by reading the first book of The Hunger Games in like 2 days. For reals. I was totally going to go to bed early last night. Then I looked up and it was way later than intended. Then I came home and read for 2 hours. I downloaded the 2nd book, but am not allowing myself to read tonight.

And... Jules Vern. I totally know who that is, oddly. Someone get this woman a glass of wine. Done and done.

Kindle. Love.

6 comments:

SpeasHill said...

I stayed up until 1 am last night (this morning?) finishing the 3rd book. And then I had to stay up a while to process it. Seriously addictive. Srsly.

Jill said...

So jealous. I am lugging around three library books in my bag this morning. P.S. I know most libraries let you download books for fourteen days, I wonder if they have textbooks for an e-reader yet. Hmmm...

A.B. said...

Hmmm.. interesting Jill. I definitely need to look into that!!!

Unknown said...

I got the Nook color a few weeks ago and LOVE it!! It was a gift from Rob's parents.

A.B. said...

Jeannie, you are fancy! SO FUN!!! It will come in very handy with a tiny person around :)

Ordinarylife said...

I also got one from Christmas and am in love with it!