Thursday, December 6, 2012

No room at the inn.

This is the story of a baby.

An 85 lb baby.

Who takes up a lot of space.

Hopkins Meyer Black. If we want to get specific. And I know you do. We’ll call him Meyer. Because we strive to be southern after a short lived (5 year) stint in the south. My southern friends tell me Texas isn’t southern, it’s just Texas. I’ll have to say I agree. There are differences.

Meyer was one of the top names when G was born. And Graham. Which I still love. Along with a few other discards. Like Elizabeth Jane.

With both boys I knew their names asap. With Meyer, I love it, but I think its “ring” comes as a middle name.

Maybe because of Oscar.



8 comments:

Shaina said...

love it! love recycling a maiden name :)

Camryn and Meyer sitting in a tree...

A.B. said...

Yes, Shaina! I hope they have babies that then have your kids smiles!

Shaina said...

and your southern drawl, I have always imagined you with one maybe because I consider TX being in the south. TX is TX, but it is still very Southern compared to the good ol' rainy PNW

Sarah K said...

Love the name! And I'm a big fan of using family names. He's going to be a stud!!

Sarah K said...

Remember that time when I just assumed that Hopkins or Meyer were family names? Whatever the case...great name. It's been a rough week. I'm out.

A.B. said...

Sarah, Hopkins is my maiden name!

Sarah K said...

Remember that time when I didn't know your maiden name? Ha! That's awesome. Not sure you know this, but Carter is my maiden name. ;)

A.B. said...

Love last names as first names. Love love love.

How have we never exchanged maiden name's before? We're so slow.