Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013.

On January 1, 2013 we potty trained. That seems so so so long ago. I think we went through like 5 pairs of unders in that one day. I was convinced I'd never be able to leave the house. He hasn't slept in a pull up since February, I think. Mama kisses on NYE. his last time in a diaper. Cruisin' in the boxer briefs. Making greens with dad. Ben turned 32. G got strep throat. We didn't know. Apparently it causes tummy aches, yuckiness, and vomiting. He was miserable. And wanted to sleep all the time. On me. His hot hot fevery body on top of a giant whale of a woman who has to pee a lot. Perfect combo. It was valentine's day. He was a super duper super hero. G moved into his new BBB. Big boy bed on February 17, 2013. He has pretty much kicked ass at that. We didn't use rails or anything. He fell out a few times, but not anymore. He has had an accident in the bed only once. (que onset bedwetting because I just said that.) This isn't to say that we didn't turn his door knob around and lock him in. However, the big boy bed is awesome. Which is good... because at that point the crib was a month away from being taken.

And we waited.  We waited on H-Mey to be born.  I took off a week before his due date CERTAIN that he would arrive.  He didn't.  Well, he did.  But like 2 days before his due date.  So we had some good mama and G time (and glammy.) Glam came to visit spring break because I was a giant and what where we going to do with G$?  Thank goodness that worked out!  

I knew M would never come out.  He did.  I woke up at 5 am and my water broke.  I immediately got up and removed the sheets and sanitized them... while the water continued to break.  Because, what's your first thought?  Get a towel and shuffle around the house with it.  Me too.  Glad we are on the same page.









Pretty sure that popping that baby out without drugs is my most accomplishing thing of 2013.  Baby #2.  I love you.  A lot.  

Seriously, I could do a major amount of photos (ok, I already have.)  

Griffin turned THREE.  Three y'all.  He's big.  He is a big kid.  We had a party at our house and it was awesome.  I mean, I had a newborn but it was awesome.  Because this newborn, y'al... he's awesome.  I can't believe how much we love him.  Or how much he fits in our lives.  

I directed camp.  Girl done lost her mind.  

We lived.  we loved.  we (I) turned 34.  We had a first thanksgiving.  We had a first Christmas.  We visited santa.  We went to the beach.  We still didn't get baseboards.

2013.  You kind of rocked.  In March I had a baby.  IN January that baby is able to climb a flight of stairs.  I'm not sure I'll ever have that many changes again. 

Goodness, I love this life.  These boys.  They made 2013 amazing.


2 comments:

Sarah K said...

What a great year for you guys! Love your braided hair. I need a personal hair braider. I'm the worst.

CDS said...

That was a great post! Love you and your fam! XO