Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SO it begins...

So, I've been complaining for a few months about the new additions to my life. The pounds. The silly lbs I've gained since moving to Austin. I blame it on lack of friends and increase in alcohol consumption so I can fit in with the youngsters. This fitting in with them is causing me to not fit quite as well in my pants. This is an issue, and a financial one at that. I can't afford to go buy all new pants. So it begins... my weight loss challenge. When I hear the word challenge it takes me back to the Cosby Show when Mr. Huxtable takes Rudy to tap class and he gets tap dance challenged by the old man that works there. Ahhh the Huxtables and their red pots and pans. I desire them. Anyway, I digress...

SO, begins my challenge to lose 5 lbs this month. This is completely doable... I mean, there are no big Holidays so I won't be compelled to eat every dessert at the table. I believe this weakness is actually genetic much like ugly pants, bad bangs and white trash bleach jobs... hmm, perhaps that's a different kind of gene...

Want to join me? I will begin the slow slippery slope into starvation. Well, more restriction and consciousness, I suppose. I may even go back to the WW meetings and being weighed. I haven't weighed in in over a month because I was not happy with what their scales last told me. Bitches. That and I had a meeting I liked in Atlanta that finally bypassed the overly happy and poorly dressed leader that I first went with. I then focused more on her annoying me than on the life skills she was supposed to be imparting. I say if you wear fake hair pony tails you are not allowed to pass on life skills. end of story.

Today I will count my points and work out. This is no April Fool's joke (except that this weekend I'm going to be with a TON of my favorite girls in the world and this may involve wine and whine. I do not believe these calories will be held against me because we are all seminarians and our consumption cancels one another out.)

Wish me luck in this journey... and don't stop believin'

5 comments:

Nikki Noto said...

you can do it. i'm in.

Meach said...

Me too. I'm counting.

Unknown said...

five pounds less for me by the end of the month. does this mean i have to weigh myself?

Cate said...

Nice! I promise to be as supportive as you want me to be this weekend. And while I'm probably not going to join you in the weighing thing, I pledge to go to the gym four times a week this month - that is a lot for me.

Erin said...

oh, Amanda, I do love you! So glad you're blogging. I'm adding you to my daily blog roll.