Thursday, January 22, 2009

high-ate-us...or hiatus

You say tomato I say tomaaato.
I'm slack. Obvi. I haven't written in quite some time. Long enough that I'm not sure what I last wrote about and currently don't have enough motivation to check. Life is moving in a direction which is always a bonus. I'm running again--also a bonus considering I'm running a half marathon on Sunday. Ben and I went and did 10 miles on Sunday of this week and the weather was ah-mazing. The run felt pretty good also. I was able to keep up with Ben at about an 8:45 pace for 5 miles and then he got tired of slowsky and took off. Luckily, this was in an area that was relatively unsafe. But when you're super fast like me people don't even see you--so I was good :) We've also started going to a track practice on Monday nights at McNeil HS. I like this. It helps keep me motivated and it changes up my normal workout. I'm thinking I may already need new shoes though. My legs are achy and tired. This could also be relative to the lbs I acquired over the holidays, but I'm going to blame it on the need for new shoes.

Work is great. I still love it and I'm doing some neat things. I'm still fearful that one day they will see how unqualified I am and give me the boot--not the wobbly boot--but the swift kick out the door. So far I've managed to somewhat portray myself as competent though. I'll keep up this charade as long as possible, but with the nagging suspicion that at some point they will also figure out that, I've disguised myself as a person with a couple of degrees and almost 3o, but in real life I'm probably 22 with love of expensive jeans, face care products, and getting my hair cut--and that's it--oh, and perhaps a slight obsession with Twilight--and my dogs--and a dream vacation--and a slight interest in rising to fame, and being featured in tabloids and People, but as the good person with a slight edge and extreme classiness. Again, no one at work should ever read this.

I'm also... about to be an Aunt! My sister is due in 2 weeks and every time my phone rings I'm on alert. I keep telling her it's best for me if Elliot comes on a Friday or Saturday because I'm lacking in vacay time. We'll see if my plan works. Because really--isn't her child birth all about me?

We are also in the midst of semi-planning our trip to Italy. I also believe that I need to lose about 30 lbs before this trip so that I can gain it all back in 7 days by over consuming cheese, pasta, and other general carbs. There will be no restrictions--no food remorse. I don't think food remorse counts in other countries? I am fearful that I will want to up and move there and then just have our dogs shipped to us. In the new country they will also not shed in massive amounts. Seriously--I'm one of those people I hate that always has dog hair on them. Grossville. There's only so much that a lint brush can do people.

I've moved past my general depression over the Twilight series being over and the sadness over the lameness of the movie. I'm patiently awaiting all of the romantic comedies that are on my horizon. In preparation I will read He's just not that into you--after I purchase it--at some point.

Anywho, my stomach is rumbly and I feel a target trip coming on--this also aids in my sanity.

No comments: