Thursday, January 29, 2009

The devil made me do it.

Ok, maybe not the devil... but whomever decided it was a good idea to reheat some fish at lunch today definitely sent me out and about into the world of purchases. I immediately drove to half price books (a lovely used book store which I have a gift card too that now has $0.18 remaining on it) to purchase Bitter is the new Black: Confessions of a condescending, egomaniacal, self-centered smart ass-or, why you should never carry a Prada Bag to the unemployment office. Vickie suggested it--I trust her book opinions as she also fell headfirst into the Twilight series. She may have magical powers because she was also able to get her husband hooked on reading them. My magical powers are not as strong as I can only get Ben to watch What Not To Wear and occasionally Brothers and Sisters. He did not seem quite as interested when I mentioned that Alamo Draft House is having a special on Tiffany and her stalkers--a documentary. I will work on this though.... and if it fails. I will track it down and rent it. I mean, who wouldn't want Tiffany on blue ray? Is that even spelled right? Who knows.

We have had a minor set back in our Italy trip. It is now going to be postponed from April to May. I'm ok with this. I just want to go and I want it to be soon. I'm getting antsy. I also think that after some Divine Intervention and casual laziness at work today I found a "frugal traveler" blog that specifically mentioned Bologna. I mean, I feel like it's my own tablet under a rock. I'm sure it will disappear into thin air when I try to convince others of it's validity.

This week is crazy. Life is somewhat on hold as we await my nephew Elliot to make his way into the world. It's also Ben's bday this weekend so we have tentatively scheduled a gathering, I have a friend in San Antonio that I'd like to go see and tomorrow is the only time I think I can go and I'll have to miss the hubs bday happy hour. Somehow I also need to find time to go grocery shopping, cook, clean, and do laundry--all while looking fabulous and losing weight. Ok, the last part isn't true. OH, and another friend in town from Calif. who I'd somehow like to work into the mix. (they each have blogs and I am calling them out on being slackers when it comes to posting. You know who you are (looking at you judging and squinty eyed.)

Anywho... this is my week. It started with a PR 1/2 marathon and will possibly end with an Elliot.

SPOILER ALERT--also just found out that, she who shall not yet be named, is having a BAMBINO. I'm ridiculously excited about this new development in my life. Mums the word. (damn, I'm clever.)

Ps. Just did a little spell check on this shiz... and Prada is not in the dictionary, but "prado" is. Someone's been to NYC.

1 comment:

Mrs.Preppy said...

I need some new, good books to read. I might have to hit up Half Price Books for that one... I have been wanting to get Tori Spelling's book, but dont want to pay full price for it. Too bad we are not closer - we could swap books.