Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm kind of a big deal.

So, yesterday Ben and I ran the 3M Half Marathon. I'm not going to lie... it was chilly. I knew it would be cold, but I easily get warm when running so there was great stress over what I would wear. Shorts and long sleeves? Pants and short sleeves? Oh, the options are limitless. Well, not really. I opted for with a long sleeved half zip nike shirt. I ran my fasted 1/2 marathon ever--even in practice. I finished in 2 hours and 1 minute. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty impressed. I'll also, reluctantly, mention that this was deemed a "fast course" so I have to give some props to that. Whatever. It was cold and I ran faster than 1428 women and faster than my gender/age group section. Basically, I'm awesome.
SO, after burning all of these calories--I proceeded to "carb load" after the event. That works right? It aids in recovery? I'm relatively sure it does. There's nothing like sloppy nachos, a margarita, pot roast and veggies, a mint oreo blizzard, cheese and crackers to soothe sore muscles.
Today--the dreaded Pre-dentist visit dentist visit. Yes, I need to have my teeth cleaned, but, you first have to go in and they do a check up before you can make an appointment for that. Crazy, but it's true and it's in my network so I will not complain.
I also need someone to clean my house. This is all.

1 comment:

Deb said...

You are a big deal, and that is VERY impressive!!!! LOTS of kudos to you!!!