Friday, January 9, 2009

For Kelli at work

Ahhh I haven't posted a while. I blame the holidays, the food haze, and crazy amounts of travel (and wine.) So I worked the week of Christmas for like the first time ever--overrated. Basically everyone at my office was out because they all have vacation time and I am saving all of mine for the coolest trip ever... which will the exhaust all accumulated vacation time and I'll have to start all over. OH wells.

The holdiays were nice. We stayed Christmas Eve with Ben's parents and celebrated with his family and then went to church. Beautiful service and we got to see a lot of friends. The rest of the time was at my parents house (because Ben's parents went out of town.) it was so nice to stay in one place. The amount of moving around we do EVERY time we are home is just overwhelming. I know I've posted about this before, but it's true. I hate it. In general, I don't really like being in the car. The hubs makes fun of me for this. On Friday we went out to Joe T's with the fam--clearly delish--and then Ben and I chose to FINALLY have some alone time for the holidays (well, us and other vagrants in downtown ft. worth.) We went to Flying Saucer, had a beer, and listened to a band and it was awesome. There is only so much time I can spend in doors sitting. I need to be active. Do NOT get me wrong--I loved it--I love the fam--I love the wii--I usually enjoy family banter... but my legs need to move! We drove back to Austin on Saturday which ended up being such a relief. We were able to clean, and do laundry and have a day to just get ready to be back in the swing of things. Loverly.

I'm not sure too many large events have happend since then. Oh, we went to see TWILIGHT, finally. It was sheer disappointment to me, other than looking at Edward. I mean, I won't say I didn't enjoy it, but it just isn't in line with the book and my imagination. But, we went with some friends so that made it better--we were able to easily chastise them for saying things like "it's like your my personal brand of heroin."

Yesterday, was our 4 year anniversary. Ben sent me flowers at work and his parents sent us flowers to the house--both beauties. I love having fresh flowers... so now the house is full of flowers because I also bought some last week. Yay! Instead of going out (though we did go out for Sushi on Wed) we stayed in. Ben is workign late every day this week and this weekend so it was nice to just be home. We cooked steak, blue cheese risotto, steamed broccoli, had red wine and some cupcakes! Then we watched Hamlet 2 which I'm sure most people would not find entertaining, but I thought it was HILARIOUS... and then I went to bed.

I'm very excited both about the new cupcake place I found by our house, cupprimo, but also that we've been married so long and that we are best friends. I'm also excited that we are making our Italy trip happen. What's not to love?

1 comment:

K said...

Thank you, Amanda! I'll try and reciprocate :)