Monday, January 4, 2010

possessive much?


So I joined the Y last week. Like, literally, last Monday. I haven't been back since I took my picture by the white wall and scored my card. Last week was busy. And... I figure the new year didn't REALLY start until today when I took my sorry butt back to work.

SO I went to yoga. I forgot how possessive people can be of classes that they've been going to for say 2 months. We were all set up. Read to begin. Sitting in our own spots. Then there is the clamor from the "regulars" about all of the "new" people and seeming a little off put. Um, get over it and stretch. Complainy.

You know what else annoyed me in this class that is to bring me inner peace? The fact that a woman's children apparently decided 15 minutes before the class was over that it should be over. SO they stood outside of the door and jumped up and down in the window throwing themselves at the door. Awesome. There was no disciplining them either. Nor could I put my mat away because they were decidedly in the way.

So here I sit. Stretched and annoyed. Also annoyed after I picked up the group schedules and see that nothing (other than bootcamp) begins before 8 am. Um, hello YMCA we good people who enjoy a nice morning workout WORK too. Jerks. I should write a anonymous letter.

Blame this disgruntled mood on possession, ill behaved children, people not conforming to my schedule and my need for dinner.

Namaste.

No comments: