Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Emotional Involvement.

So, I've continued on my vampire quest and have now finished the 2nd book in about... 2 days. I came home from work, read (oh, ps... read at lunch displaying anti-social behavior), ate dinner and watched Prince Caspian on our NEW TV. It has a lot of letters LCDHD bla bla blue ray dvd. I know nothing of TV's other than this is better than my old one that I got with a $100 gift card for moving into my apartment when I moved to Atlanta 6.5 years ago. Yah, we were behind the times, but not any more! I digress... so watched the movie--way more violent than I thought it would be, and then immediately went back to reading and didn't stop until I was finished. In the midst of this Ben went to bed. I remained in bed reading, lights on. Oops. I had also planned on getting up this AM to run. But alas, I was tired from consuming too much drama.

Update: Just spent my lunch hour at target and bought the next book. Oh the thrills :) If only I could get really... "sick" and go home and start reading now. I need an intervention. That's what I'll call my SMU happy hour tomorrow and girl sushi night on Thurs--an intervention. Both including wine? does that work? I say, "yes."

Is it wrong that I want Ben to be a vampire? No, not one of the ones who eats people. I had to clear this up with him last night. There are OTHER good, well dressed, vampires who are lovely to be around--unless you start miraculously bleeding. Then it's a bit touch and go.

About me--I have a tendency to get wrapped up in the drama of tv, books, etc. It's just who I am. WIll this fade? Absolutely. Will I always have a fondness in my heart for Edward? Most assuredly so. Will someone consider having me psychoanalyzed? Outlook good.

Thus begins the holidays.

1 comment:

K said...

"Is it wrong that I want Ben to be a vampire?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!