Friday, December 12, 2008

put sufjan stevens on...

Ps. I heart him. I also love his rendition of Come Thou Fount.

I have nothing in particular to write about today. Ever other month we have to work on Friday until 4 pm (typically we get off at 12:30 unless doing something that requires us to stay at the office.) Today, is said Friday for me--not having a lot to do, but having it be my "late" day. Boo. This especially stinks because we have to immediately leave to drive to Houston when I get home. Ben is in his friend from colleges wedding. We aren't even going to make it there in time for the rehearsal so we'll just meet them at dinner. Luckily, he's no stranger to the aisle walking. I think we should both actually add that to our resumes under "skills." I may also add "sale finding" and liturgical dancing. I haven't quite decided...

So it should be fun to go to Houston and see some friends that we don't get to see that often. I'm debating on if I should go running with K, one of my honored heroes and friends, on sat morning at 6 AM! I haven't worked out in a while and I feel rather disgusting. I've been eating tons... totally a holiday conspiracy to make me gain weight. Someone should do something about this. We'll see what tonight holds. If we're in relatively early, I think I'm game for the 8 miles.

So we had our holiday gift exchange at work today. What a beautiful Friday that was started with breakfast tacos. I mean, isn't that a gift enough in and of itself? I say, "yes!" But we had white elephant, I ended up with $15 to starbucks. Then we had a Christmas lunch--also amazing food with an unexpected holiday "bonus." It turns out, working at a church you don't get bonuses. I mean, I think the only Christmas bonus I've ever gotten was from the people I baby sat for. So, how grateful am I? Pretty stinkin' excited! I suppose being a grown up has its perks :) Mayb's I can stick that dolla into savings for our Italia trip. I better start calling it Italia now because clearly, I'll be fluent once we return.

I'm still down to needing to purchase 3 gifts. Blech. I mean, I LOVE buying presents for people. Love love love it. I like to think about it and try really hard (and I make lists.) It's out of my control. I'm a list maker. I currently have one sitting next to me with the things I need to remember to pack this afternoon. It's part of my fake ocd.

I also didn't make it around to my extensive cleaning and laundry doing that I had intended last night. I got my hur trimmed, sushi with new friend, then home. The sushi and wine lasted a while though so I didn't get home until 9... which, if you know me, 10 pm is around the time of winding down (except when I get enthralled with my vamp books and can't put them down.)

So now I have an hour of work left, though I'm thinking maybe 45 minutes and I'm outta here. I haven't yet begun to restrict my liquid intake... which I'm sure will be an annoyance to my hubs later, but alas life is life.

SO, remaining on my list... get my things together for the conference on Monday (have to stay out at a resort), pack, clean up, love my dogs, shut de do', keep out de devil, head to Houston, read my vamp book in the car, paint my toe nails (also in the car... sorry, Ben), change clothes ina gas station (ew), and then be charming. All in a days work..................

No comments: