Friday, December 5, 2008

A series of unfortunate events.

Work should begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. I got a call yesterday morning saying I didn't need to be in until 10 because someone hit a gas line. Oops for thems, yays for mes! Seriously, though I was then awake to my crazy dog needing to go out, and then scratching at the window, it was still realllllllllllly nice to just lay in bed! It made my day move rather quickly... minus my interaction with the law.
I got a ticket. Jerk. So, I'm driving to work in my marry old way (happy that I'm going in late, unhappy with my outfit, disgruntled about not really having much winter clothing) and there is a motorcycle cop sitting in the road. (ok, not in the road... but beside it.) SO............. he pulls me over and says, "I've pulled you over due to your speed. Do you know how fast you were going?" Me, "Yes sir, my speedometer said 45." Him, "Actually, it was 46, but close. The speed limit is 35." Me, (shiz) "wow, I really thought the speedlimit was 45." Him... "I'm an ass. You're right. It IS ridiculous that the speedlimit on this road is 35. I'll see to it that this is changed." None of that happened. He just handed me a ticket and told me to contact the court before Jan 4. Done and done. No worries, I sent in my info on the Methodist Foundation envelope... I'm pretty sure this will win me bonus points with the judge... or at least have her allow me to do defensive driving. I haven't had a ticket in 4 years!! Probs closer to 4.5 years. So, it's ok I suppose. I was due for some ticketing.
So then... (I'm a pen chewer) I notice that my lips have a nasty taste and so do my pens. Gross. Like all day I'm sitting there thinking that something is wrong with me... probably a drastic illlness with sudden onset and one of the symptoms is a nasty taste on your lips. Oh wait... I sprayed bitter apple stuff all over the bottom of our christmas tree so Maggie wouldn't eat it yesterday. It totally works. I would never eat anything that tasted like that. I will not be attempting to eat our christmas tree or the ornaments... at least the ones on the bottom half.
ANNNNNND, there was a company meeting (optional, I opted not to go because it didn't effect me) and so I left to go to the restroom only to come back to the front door and find I'm locked out because the lady at the front is in the meeting. SO, I had to wait a while until someone came to let me in. Hilarious.

Basically, though, I had a good day. It ended with sushi, wine, laundry, and Harry Potter. Today I fly home for my sisters baby shower (and I'm buying the 2nd book in the Twilight series!!!!) Teenage vampires. I love them. I love them... and eye patches. Those are not related. The second one just refers to my fascination with pirates.

No comments: