Thursday, June 11, 2009

If not me, then who?

If not now... then when?

I'm sure you all know that I'm training to run another marathon (or half... I will not commit currently. I'm still overwhelmed at how far 26.2 miles is.) Either way, the distance doesn't matter. I know that I am a little crazy for doing my 3rd TNT event in 3 years--but people have been known to do many many more. I'm on a mission--relentless for a cure to blood cancers. As part of my training, though essential, the reason I do this is to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Every dollar of donation counts $5, $10, $25, $50, $200,000.

SO, as I am beginning to work my self out (aka rid myself of the lbs. I've gained since I STOPPED training in January and going to core classes that make me feel like I've never worked out in my life) I'm also focused on raising funds. I believe in this cause. I believe it makes a difference because I hear the personal differences it makes. I listen to the people with whom I run those that just wanted to get in shape, but then met our honored heroes, those who heard that our training program is amazing and when they started fundraising people came out with tons of stories about how leukemia had affected their lives, those who run for their children, their husbands, their moms. I've met them all in the last month. I meet them all every season. This is why we run. This is why I put myself through this training in the HEAT of summer in Texas, nonetheless--because I can. I can do this, but only with your help and support.

SO please visit my website and you can follow my other blog where I talk about the trials and tribulations I encounter with all this craze.

Thanks!

No comments: