Monday, June 29, 2009

Without a song or a dance what are we?

SO yesterday was kind of amazing in the fact that we went to see Mamma Mia last minute (complete with a glass of prosecco.) I am sure that I have mentioned my love affair with a good musical before--but one FILLED with back up dancers? Yes, please! It was wonderful. I think I missed my calling. I'm sure someone is hiring a 20 something back up dancer with no formal experience, right? Next on the list is Wicked. I have not caught the Wicked virus, but I'm sure within days I will download and learn all songs.

In other news... I almost just busted into tears at work. Why? Um, well our AC has been not working for about a week now. Well, they were FINALLY able to send someone today... who of course said that now he has to order the parts so that they can fix it later in the week. Seriously? If you are an AC person do you not carry parts? Is this your scheme? Make people realize how miserable their lives are when they sweat for no reason? I do not like to sweat simply because I am sitting still. This has caused a dramatic emotional response within me. All I wanna know... what's the name of the game?

Did I mention that it is, on average, the temperature of the sun in Austin lately?

So I say thank you for the music... for giving it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 comment:

Cate said...

how did I not know about your love of musicals? why do we not play more musical music at exodus? clearly, this needs to be remedied! I have a pandora station that is for musicals, and I luuuuuuv it... :)

btw, I'm feeling you with the upper 90s-100s and no AC... I think our heat wave is supposed to break today and head back into the upper 80s. wishing you the same good luck...