Friday, June 26, 2009

It's not fair.

So it isn't fair that Fuddrucker's has made an attempt on my life this week. Seriously, can food poisining last all week? It's that are my sarcoidosis. One can never be sure of such things. Eitherway--I'm still not right.

Anyway, so this weekend we have 10 miles. MY sweet husband has offered to man my aid station so I can run with the team, which I'm HIGHLY thankful for (because you may recall my lack of initiative in running long distances when presented to do them alone.)

We have also planned a trip to float the river Saturady when we're done. Most of my friends have had work stuff bubble up and so aren't able to go... which means we are going to go with Ben's friends. They are fun but a lot younger--not that this matters is friendship, but it matters in swimsuitability. One of the guys is dating a girl in college. This is not fair. I mean, not that I want to date a girl in college, but more that I do not EVER need to be wearing a swimsuit next to someone who is in college. It just isn't fair for me... or for her to know the future of her body.

I bought this super cute one piece suit this year. Ben judges. I wore it to the pool the other night and mentioned wearing it on the river. I was told it is not river appropriate.

So, how many beers does it take for me to NOT care about this? I'm thinking more than is safe. YAY one piece with shorts over it!

2 comments:

3101 Austin Avenue said...

I do NOT get into a swimsuit unless several drinks are involved...in fact, we were in Vegas recently and I had to have several $19 pina coladas at like 10am just to handle all the beautiful people there...seriously, there was more mascara and bling there than there was at my senior prom....beer goggles and swimsuits are a good thing. Have fun at the river...be safe!

Cate said...

Food poisoning can last for a while, like with the many people at Candler who were out for several days after prom. Hope you feel better soon!

And I hate swimsuits. Even if there is a part of my body that I love (and I think most of us have at least one part we like), I only seem to see the parts I want to hide. Hooray, internalized critic...