Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Addiction?

So I went home from work yesterday because I didn't feel well and maybe stopped and bought 3 pairs of shoes on the way.

(we'll know asap if Ben reads this amazing work of literary art.)

You see... it's B's 10 year reunion this Saturday. We will be heading to Dallas where I will run my 9 miles at White Rock with Kelly Clarkson all by myself. Hopefully this will happen. Currently the goal is to wake up before it is 8 bagillion degrees, so around 3 AM and get this over with so that I can eat Gloria's without feeling guilt and shame.

So back to my original statement. I needed the shoes. I haven't bought black heels in approximately 5 years--no lie. Ok, I bought one pair for a friends wedding but as they were of the devil I only wore them a handful of times before they met their demise (sitting in our garage suffering the texas heat.) Anyway so luck of luck, wonder of wonders, I found a pair of cole haan's on clearance yesterday for only $50. I'm sure that because they were originally $175 they should be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Granted, I felt this way about the chaco's I bought for Italy only to find that my $15 target sandals were more comfy for walking. Anywhoo....

I also got this super cute top at Anthropologie with orange embroidery on the puffy sleeves and I found orange Michael Kors flats that match perfectly. I needed them. I also found a pair of bedazzled steve maddens for $13. I needed them out of sheer bedazzled glory. I think that because of the sparkle that radiates from them I will look 20 lbs lighter and wouldn't a husband want a wife to feel her best? I mean, if I've learned anything from the Real Housewives of New Jersey (other than that people in Jersey are crazy with fake bubbies) it's that a husband should always say, "Happy wife. Happy life."

And, because you asked. Yes, I do feel much better today.

2 comments:

3101 Austin Avenue said...

1. Gloria's - YUM!! Color me jealous!
2. RHONJ - I just watched the first 4 episodes....I love it...I am now obsessed with fake bubbies...or at least, saying the word bubbies....and I am trying to force my husband to accept the mantra "Happy Wife, Happy Life" Best tagline ever!
3. You can never have too may shoes....and as shoes are frequently ridiculousy expensive, you should always buy them when you find a great deal...think of all the money you're saving!!! (especially when they're sparkly and bedazzled!)
4. Thanks for the ccute thank you note....unnecessary, but I do love to get me some real, paper mail!!!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I love RHONJ and all of their bubbies. All husbands should have the happy wife/happy life mantra. Did you pull a Teresa pay in all cash for the shoes?

And you can never have too many shoes.