Monday, December 14, 2009

Great attempts...

I make lists. I'm a list maker. If I'm going out of town I make a list of items to pack and then slowly mark through them. I make a list of things to do on Monday of every week (and occasionally add thigns I've already done, but forgot to put on the list JUST so I can check them off.) This year I have made a file that has everyone whom we are purchasing for, what we are getting them, if it has been purchased and the general cost of said gift.

Why oh why in my love of organization except please do not look at my closet because it is absolutely NOT organized and barely walkable, do I not purchase gifts THROUGHOUT the year instead of all in one month. I mean, we go about our lives, living normally, payin our bills and then wham... I need to purchase gifts for 13 people. Um, that is an expense that is not typically planned for. Enter STRESS. Hello, financial stress, my old friend. Lovely to see you. I'd really like to stop meeting you this way.

Maybe this year I'll be on top of things. Maybe in 2010 I will buy one gift a month or some other sort of nonsense. Maybe this will be my new year's resolution.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh. Us, too.
Worse, R's family doesn't fuss with gifts. It's not a big deal for them! This year we are putting $x/month in savings for all gifts for the year, including Christmas. Here's hoping that will work!

Jeannie