Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm not dying.

I'm quite well. I just have ALLLLLL of my yearly appointments all right together. And, I bring them up because of the stupidity that happens at doctors offices.

So there. healthy. Happy.

Gearing up for the holidays. I would like to say I'm excited because I honestly am. I'm just not excited about the mass amount of travel that it takes. We will drive up sometime tomorrow evening. Have Christmas eve with Ben's family, Christmas day with my family, go back to Ben's house on Saturday because his parents are having an "open house"?, and then back to my parents house so we can go to church with them on Sunday and then drive back to Austin. Fun? No. Our parents live an hour apart. This is a lot of packing and unpacking and repacking and then sitting in the car. I love our families, do not get me wrong, but one day maybe they could move further apart and we would only see one of them? Or, maybe SOMEDAY we'll have a holiday at our house and they will come to us and I don't have to get in a car one time (except when I have to leave the crazy.)

Dr. appointment alert--I'm going to the dentist today. I had a cavity filled a month or 2 or 3 ago (not sure?) a while ago... and it's been kind of sensitive and when I floss it feels like it could come out and I can't chew very well on it. They can get me in today and today only. Though my dentist is very nice and I really like his assistant I would still rather go to my "yearly exam" than go to the dentist.Yes, I probably just broke some sort of female code, but it's true. Get over it.

Speaking of... apparently there is a PSA on right now and it is suggesting that for Christmas you should get your wife/significant other an appointment for a pap smear... because Santa doesn't bring that. Um...
1. Do not make my appointments.
2. How unromantic.
3. That means that we are going to put your feet up on the little holiday inspired socks and probe you.
4. WTF? What do you get to unwrap with that one? a really long qtip?

I should end that because it's just darn weird.

And this my friends... is where I find myself today. Wondering when I'm going to make my refried beans, mexican rice, dinner for tonight, cookies, clean my house, finish laundry... oh yah, and actually buy the groceries to do all of those things.

No comments: