Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What is this? December?

I have cold feet today--because it's COLD. Yes, somehow the Austin temp went from mid-70's to 50's over night. AND it is projected that it will SNOW on Friday!!! Ps. For those of you who are not from the south--you know, from places with seasons other than hot and cool--you do not want to drive in Texas when it is snowing/icing/raining. Basically, if there is precipitation falling from the sky we lose the ability to drive.
It's seriously not safe, ya'll.
Because we are aware of our inability to traverse in slush (because it doesn't REALLY snow) we often close down work/grocery stores/everything. Basically you must rely on canned goods because this could be the end of times. You know... like when it turned 2000 and you needed your generator, canned beans and a prayer. I'll probably just stick with prayers and a toasty house. Or a toasty house and a lot of day time tv. TBD.
In other news... at the docs office this morning I got asked about my "drug use." (which is none, ps.) I got asked if I used crack or cocaine. I didn't know that they were different things until I had a (presumed drug free) friend tell me crack is actually free based cocaine which makes it more potent in smaller amounts, but has a shorter high. GTK. So next time you're on the streets and looking to score (do you smoke that? inject it? My Law and Order knowledge is not helping me out here) you should ask which one they are offering?
That's dope...No?

1 comment:

3101 Austin Avenue said...

It's supposed to get down to 19 here tonight....NINETEEN DEGREES! Holy Coldness! And although it pretty much snows on a regular basis every winter here, since I was raised in Texas, I still refuse to drive in it....like a good Texan!