Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's hard to say....

SO last night I had a surprise date planned for one Ben Black. Back in 1998, when we first started dating, Sister Hazel was quite the big deal. Listening to that cd just takes me back to summertime romance and dancing in the car with my bff. Anyway, Ben and I have both attempted to see them many times--once I was actually ON MY WAY to the concert and then there was an accident and I didn't get to go. (This just triggers some resentment left from high school annoyances.)

Anywho, so I heard an add for the show, bought tickets, made sure there were going to be no accidents or explosions. Safe.

As probably stated previously--I enjoy a good nights rest. I like to wind down, get in bed, read, and pass out by about 10:30 or 11 most nights. However, because I'm an amazing wife and all about sacrifices, I went out... on a WEEK NIGHT. The concert said it started at 8:30.

Negative.

9:30 rolls around and the opening band (which was pretty superb,) starts their first song. I really enjoyed him. Then there was about a 30 minute break between the shows... which means the show wasn't over until MIDNIGHT. My bewitching hour! Luckily, I did not lose all sense of graces and run into people over and over (thank you purple purse lady), dance like I was on crack (you scare me older crazy woman), or wear a tiny side top hat and very small black dress (I hope you do hair for a living.)

It was a lovely (late) night. I enjoyed spending time with the hubs. I'm looking forward to an early evening tonight.

No comments: