Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dinner for one.

So, Ben is somewhere between ATX and Chicago. He his flight was today at 5:30, I have already had my first overwhelming urge to cry. I walked into the bedroom after attempting to make dinner for one to find that the light in his closet was still on. All of a sudden I almost burst into tears. Typically, this light in the closet business could bother me, but today, not so much. I find his clothes on the floor to be a comfort instead of an annoyance. Lucky bastard :) IT's not that I can't be alone, it's just that I've grown accustomed to his being around. This is no surprise to me. I love that man. I'm in love.
It's going to be lonely, Gizmo and I discussed this when I got home from grocery shopping. I made a soup tonight, not sure how I thought that this would be an easy thing. Apparently not. Well, the soup was easy to make but I'm relatively sure that it will feed like 20 people. I wanted to make a lot so I could have it for lunch and probably dinner tomorrow also. eh, perhaps I'll gain weight instead of losing weight this week.
So I began at the beginning of April saying that I'd lose 5 lbs. This was an overly zealous goal. Wrong, this was not an over zealous goal, it was completely realistic, I was simply not over zealous about meeting this goal. I have lost 1.2 lbs, but that's not 5. I guess I still have a week and a half. You never know what may happen. I'm filled with surprises that I'll have to share with my dog and on this blog that like 3 people read because when I come home there's no one else to talk to. I know, it sounds pathetic.... because it is.
Ok, I must go check on my soup that almost over fills my dutch oven.

4 comments:

Nikki Noto said...

story of my life. i hate dinner for one :)

Cate said...

It gets easier!! The first time Bill left, it was awful. I felt like I was back in high school - you know that really intense longing you felt for boys (maybe just Ben?) back then... ugh. The next time it wasn't so bad. And this last time I even enjoyed part of the time of being alone! Me!

Do you and Ben have skype? I know you used to do the webcam thing... that really helps me and Bill when he's gone on trips. We have phone dates :)

Jon Morrow said...

i miss you... i hope to see you soon and we can have dinner for four

Jon Morrow said...

okay so i thought i was logged in as me... but apparently i am speaking to you through my husbands blog... he isn't home either, boo