Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm not internationally known, but I'm known to rock a microphone.

So, in dreaming of being with Ben in England this week, I am pondering our future. He has already been offered a job there with the National Instruments branch there. Awesometown. Clearly, we are not moving as he has not been in this current location even a year. However, our international move could still be a possibility? perhaps, or it's just me wishful thinking. I'm sure that once I'm "knocked up" (I think that's what kids these days are calling it) that I'll want to be near home. At this point in time, however, I think that being alone in another exotic country (with amazing wine and cheese), is far more exhilirating than being alone in Austin, TX. I mean, EVERYONE would want to visit Italy, and who would want to visit Austin? Our babies could have dual citizenship and amazing accents. As of now, our babies can have country accents and only be a US citizen. Perhaps this will mean more after November....

And, they'd be no strangers to H&M. I rest my case. I'm moving (after ben gets an amazing job that moves us on the company dollar and restricts my being able to have a job because of work visas and I have to walk around and be fabulous and philanthropic.)

3 comments:

Cate said...

People want to visit Austin, and it's a cheaper plane ticket! But I hear you... the idea of living in Europe for a while, long or short, has undeniable appeal.

You know, I went to visit Bill once when he was in England, and we wound up making money on the trip... I found a flight and hotel deal for around $500, and the place Panasonic was paying to house Bill was around $300/night. He got a voucher for the two nights he stayed with me, so... you should check around for last minute fares!

Anonymous said...

didn't know you blogged! move so I can visit and live vicariously through you...don't move so we can still be close...call you later!

catholicweddinggirl said...

Girl - I know I'm not going to be the only one who thinks that you won't be able to go to wine tasting because you're knocked up.