Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oldy McOlderson

So, Ben and I got asked to be the adult supervision/leaders for the UM college bible study at UT. We agreed--what a great way to volunteer, be involved, do things we like... Someone forgot to mention to me that this event, though it says it starts at 8:30, doesn't start until about 9:15 and finish around 10:30!! It was almost 11 PM when I got home last night.

Yes, I just said that. I'd like to blame all of this early to bedding on training for a marathon--I get up early, I excercise, bla bla bla... but the truth of the matter is... I've always gone to bed early (kind of.) I like lay in bed and read or watch scrubs before I sleep. I am currently enjoying my newest Texas Monthly with a beautiful picture of my secret lover on the cover.

I know some youngsters (I can call them this now that I'm old) that really think that married people are boring and lame. And then, Ben and I will remind them that we are indeed married, and most likely more fun than them (that last part doesn't really happen--but I think it) and they say things like, "Oh... ya'll aren't normal married people." Um, are married people everywhere giving us a bad name? And now I am joining the list as an oldie, but a goodie as my bed time nears the news hour? Does this also give me the excuse to tell people what I think of them and blame it on my age? (PS, 29 in like one month) And yes, I did just tell my husband I probably won't join him and his friends for a drink tonight because HOUSE is on. I mean, they don't meet until 8:30ish and I have to BE at track practice at 6 AM... which means about a 5:20 awake time. These are the same people that don't start parties until like 10 or something crazy. I know I know... In college we did this all the time. I'm run down. My liver doesn't function like it used to. People notice if I don't show up for work. I DO need to shower before coming in (febreeze, just doesn't do the trick.) I actually have things to do on Saturadys like running and laundry and going to bed bath and beyond if I have time.

SO there has it. I am giving a bad name to the marrieds. I'm affirming the thoughts that we are old and boring. But hey... I'm training for a marathon.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Will there ever be a day when the hottest man in Texas is too old for the cover of Texas Monthly?

Cate said...

You are hilarious :) And you are freaking IMPRESSIVE for running a marathon! 29 ain't old, baby...