Monday, September 22, 2008

42 miles to go...

SO, this weekend I accomplished the large feet of running 18 miles. I've never run this far and find it absurd that I have done this. what is even crazier is that this is even further in Austin. Yes, 18 miles in Austin is like running 30 miles elsewhere. What? This makes no sense? Here is the explanation. If people live in Austin and have to drive more than 10 miles to get to their destination it's just soooooooooooooo far away. Seriously, they will consider not going to this destination because it's just too far away. What? We had to drive like 30 minutes just to get to the grocery store when I was growing up. Um, it takes like a grand total of 30 minutes to get from one side of Austin to the other... this is including the very very far reaching tips of the city. Anyway, enough of my rant.

I died a little around mile 13. Seriously. We had just run past Hyde Park Cafe and Had 5 miles to go and I think a little death settled in. I had my 3rd chocolage outrage gu at mile 13 (one for breakfast, one around mile 7 and the final at 13). I was hoping to hold out until 15, but again... I think perhaps Jesus may live in the chocolate outrage. I believe in it. So there I was trotting along about 1.5 miles from the end of the run with my friend Stacy and here comes this guy runing past us in... I kid you not... grey boxer briefs. Hilarious. I feel for the children he was running towards, but a funny sight to behold nonetheless. I finished. I finished in about 3 hours and 15 minutes. This is not a quick pace, mind you. it's actually a lot slower than I'd like to admit. I think I'm letting it slide because it aws a long distance. I tell myself that should it be a much much shorter distance I would have gone much faster. we'll see. My initial goal for this marathon is to complete it. Simply cross the finish line. My real goal, though is to finish under 4 hours and 15 minutes. NOt sure that this is a possability, but I want it to be.

I came home and ice bathed for 20 minutes (which again... I think JC may reside in the theraputicness of the ice bath) and then headed to La Morada to eat sloppy nachos. I have been wanting to try these amazing nachos for quite some time, and today I gave myself the chance. They were amazing (despite the fact that It was hard for me to walk and get in/out of Ben's jeep.) They were glorious chips covered in queso (not just cheese), jalapenos, tomatoes, onions, and fajita meat. I have favorite nachos at Jocks n Jills in the ATL and these came close!! I went home, napped, showered, got dressed and we went to tailgating for the RICE vs UT game. I had some delusion prior that I could wear heals to this event. Negative. We had to park and walk and I would have cursed life if I had to do that. Than goodness for the flops. It was a nice time. I also ate a hamburger. Not going to lie I think I consumed more calories than burned on this day. No worries as I was in bed by 10:30 that night. I'm awesome. Awesomely lame.

Sunday was great. We didn't do a whole lot. We went to Whole Foods and ate lunch and watched as Mecca (WF's) called to extremey cute and extremly pregnat women. Then we went to REI and wandered around and I got a light to run with and a new BPA free nalgene. I'm sure that I'm healthier. It's also pink. It's my first venture into the narrow mouth naglene. I'm a fan.

Anyway, so that's that. Tonight we volunteer with teh college bible study. It's ok, and all... but really far away from our house (again, read more than 10 miles) and they don't start until 9:30 PM. If this were mentioned in the original information I would not be doing this. I'm old. I'm married. I go to bed early :) What can I say?

No comments: