Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tried to make me go to rehab and I said no no no

Ok... not at all the truth. I took my first venture to Advanced Rehab yesterday. My hamstring has been hurting for a month, and not getting any better, and then 2 weeks ago my left foot began to hurt as well (most likely because I'm running funny from my hammy hurting.) Anyway, Dr. Z was awesome. he manipulated my leg all around, and I'm not going to say it was pain free because it was not. He told me that getting down to the very very very basic root of the matter is that I am not in fact built like a runner-- thin, long legs, long muscles.No no... I'm created like a gymnast--not as tall, stocky, big ol' fat muscles. Not that Shawn Johnson is fat... but you get my point. I'm never going to have the long spindly legs of my dreams. I'm never going to be able to wear tall zip up boots. Nope, because early in life I worked out too much, my quads and calves became too developed and now my hamstrings are lacking. This is the gist of the problem. Yowsas. But, Dr. Z promised he'd get me through the marathon. He said he didn't promise it to be pain free, but I'd finish. Now, I'm supposed to go 2x a week. I believe in miracles... where you are? you sexy thing.






So now I sit here at work... with a slight pain in my arse because of the miraculous work that happened yesterday. I ran this morning and I could tell a definite difference... and, it was COLD this morning at track practice! And it was dark. I believe this is all contributing to my exhaustion today. That and ugly hair. Ok, that doesn't make me tired, but it makes me look very melon headish. Not attractive by any means.

And, just so you are aware, my race is only 2 months from yesterday. The crazy thing is that by that time I will have been training for 6 MONTHS. That's half a year in human time. Maybe I'll change my name to Pecola and Toni Morrison can write another book about how all I want is a long skinny runners body and it will happen. I'm pretty sure she has the ability to do this, only this time without the racism, molestation, abuse. This time we'll include other pains like 4 hour runs, crazy humidity, and an insatiable appetite. I think perhaps I'm ruining a true literary genius by my cloudy mind. Forgive me.

Um, and to close my little tale... why the hell on "proposed labels" is one of the options "scooters?". Weird. Is it like on facebook where the ad on mine says something like "28 and need to lose weight?" Is it telling me I need a scooter?

1 comment:

Nikki Noto said...

you're awesome...good thing you're on team awesome :)