Monday, March 9, 2009

Back to life... Back to Reality

I'm sure this has been a title of a post before--I'm going to ignore my lack of originality and just go with it, though.

I'm back to the real world now. I'm not longer fainting at the grocery store--infact I believe I've made 3 successful trips since then. Other than a lingering cough and stuffy nose, I'd say my immunse system is back to working. Ben and I had LOTS of together time last week. We were recapping last night. He said, "I had fun getting to spend so much time with you this last week." I said, though I enjoyed the time together "fun" is not my top word to describe it. It was nice to have life slow down a bit. It was nice to stay in every night and wake up when I felt like it and then promptly take a nap. I definitely got a great amount of sleep. We didn't really do much this weekend either. This was all followed by a very low key weekend. AMAZING. We event made it to Ikea yesterday (my personal hell because I can't get out and it overwhelms me) and got Ben a desk. We're on our way to making his office look like an office and not like a disaster zone. Yay! We also went to the pool for about an hour because the weather was so nice! It was nice to be outside and to be the only people at the pool.

The whole time change thing totally messed me up, though. There I was happily making dinner (chicken tamale casserole) and my organic break and bake cookies only to realize it was 9pm!!! Um what? Clearly my internal clock was wrong. I like to eat relatively early, but whoa... 9?!?! Quick, turn off Harry Potter and turn ON Brothers and Sisters! How I delight in their turmoil. I love it. I crave it. I need it. I digress...Time change ='s boooooooo

This coming weekend I'm missing my annual girls trip. Every year my grad school friends and I get together for a weekend. I just can't make it work this year. Unless you have sky miles to give me at which point I will take them and use them and end this sadness. The problem is that it's also Tabo's (Ben's gma) 90th bday in dallas. So the transportation issue is an issue. SO,

Dear T.O., Now that you are moving to super duper cold NY for ONE year and getting paid 6.5 million dollars for that ONE year, could you please spare me a jet or some flow so I can see my ladies?

If someone knows him. Please, make this happen.

No comments: