Friday, March 20, 2009

User error

So, it's Friday. On Fridays I get to wear jeans to work. I went and got my jeans out of the dryer (where they have been for a few days and after trying on 3 other pairs) put them on. I bent down, the way every girl does, and they ripped!!! I'm not happy with this. There is no user error. They are not too tight. I will be returning said jeans to the gap. What is the problem is that in my spending freeze I cannot purchase anything... but my will is weak. I went in there yesterday on a whim and there are many cute things that I think I may need.

Dear self control,

Please get it together. Please stop letting your guard down and allowing me to eat ice cream at night. Please get your but into some work out clothes and actually work out. Please start studying some Italian. Please, withhold your need for new makeup, new dresses, new work clothes, and new spring attire. I know that it's hard... I know that you easily give in, but seriously? We have 3 weeks until Easter... at which point the spending freeze is still not over because we have the vacation to plan for, but it will be lessened a bit because I will really "need" things. Have you ever heard of delay of gratification? No, you probably shouldn't also go and buy new books to read. Or maybe you should...

I mean, I have a conference in New Orleans next week that I need to be dressed in business casual. I need to be on my A game. Working out? I probably will start that soon... and why not eat some ice cream every night? The more quickly I eat it, the more quickly it can quit taunting me. Reading books only my makes me smarter and less likely to be bored in my hotel room when I'm all alone and fabulously dressed... Oh just wait until next week when the cut and color come... I'm pretty sure I'll need new shoes for my fashion makeover and probably a black berry.

Dear person whom I have not yet met who would like to support me financially,

Please start depositing $ asap.

No comments: