Thursday, March 5, 2009

I am a train wreck

No, I wasn't caught with my arse hanging out of my denim shorts, or my belly hanging out of a mid-drift shirt. Nor was I feeding my kids 8 tons of sugar or walking bare foot into a gas station bathroom...

No no... The Bens and I headed to our joint doctor appointment--yep, we are a sad household of sickly persons (who were on the verge of making our last requests--read previous post but are feeling better today)........ anywho, so joint doc appointment, and then Ben dropped me off at the HEBS to get our prescriptions filled while he ran to chipotle to get a burrito bowl. I was also going to get some orange juice (which I only like if I'm sick), a frozen pizza (my recent obsession), and some pomegranate juice (Ben's new love), oh and some pre cut cheese for crackers (because I'm lazy.)

I drop off the Rx's (isn't that right?) and head to the oj... I'm feeling a little blurry. I get the oj after some consideration as to which size (this is a hard decision which should have tipped me off). I start feeling really not well, give up on the pomegranate and cheese because they are too far away, and think I can make it to the frozen foods. Well, I needed to sit down asap in the automotive aisle. SO I sit down and stare carefully at the products so as to appear that I'm in deep contemplation, but then I need to lay down... so I do. On the grocery store floor (this will make a reappearance at the end.) Ok, ok, I must get up and get pizza... whoa... I grab the first pizza I see and know that I must get to the front of the store in the patio table section because I know that they have chairs and Ben will be able to find me (I'm lacking cell phone.) He walks in just in time. I sit down, a lady that works there asks if I'm ok, I say no, then I lose track of time and hear Ben yelling my name and telling me to wake up in what appears to be a dream. Yep, I passed out at the grocery store. I then tell them that I need to lay down and there are all of a sudden 5 people that work there standing over me asking questions like, "have you been drinking today? Do you know what day it is? Do you know what your name is?" no. Wednesday. Amanda. I'm on top of things. Then they call the EMT. Seriously, can I get more train wreckish? yes. As they wheel me out on a stretcher to get in my car.
The only thing humorous about this post is the "have you been drinking" comment and when the emt guy asked me what happened, and I said "I may have passed out a little." I thought it was funny... you takes whats you can gets. I'm just glad that Ben made it there and I wasn't by myself in the auto aisle...
I'm feeling much better today and plan on working tomorrow. amazing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! Are you ok now? This sounds scary and traumatic. Take care of yourself. Love you.

Mrs.Preppy said...

Well, had you been drinking? Just kidding... Glad you are feeling better.

SpeasHill said...

Oh dear. Very dramatic. I hope the patio furniture was comfy at least. Kind of reminds me of taking refuge in odd places when pregnant and vomiting. Good times.

A.B. said...

h, nancy... I would love to hear those stories :)

Elizabeth said...

I feel really bad because your other friends are all worried about you, and I was going to say I thought this post was HILARIOUS. Guess you should be thankful that you have nicer friends than me. :)

Deb said...

I'm so sorry you're sickly. I hope you get much better very soon.

Nikki Noto said...

this is so freaky. you passed out a little. it IS very dramatic. i love that you were trying to make a funny to the EMT.