Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sad to say...

but I don't think I'm bitter currently, so I really have nothing to post other than the fact that I'm tired. Seriously Seriously tired. I mean, not showering this morning for work tired. I see this as a conscientious decision because A. You shouldn't wash your hair everyday and I'm moving in that direction (today at least) and B. I'm conserving water and saving the environment. C. I got to work earlier than normal. I probably will get some sort of bonus from the goddess later.

This past weekend was my annual girls trip. Amazing. I hate to call it a girls trip because that doesn't really encompass what it is. I mean, yes, there is wine drinking, cheese eating, chocolate absorbing and all around giggles... but there is also vocation discussion, life dreams, hopes, fears, discussion of marriage, babies, what not to wear etc. I was disappointed that I didn't think I'd get to attend this year due to life (aka $) but my sisters BFF came through and GAVE me free plane tickets. I know, I mean... why not drive? Well, Ben's gma's 90th bday party was on Sunday in Dallas... and me being the only person with actual windows on my car--we fin it best to transport the dogs in an enclosed device. It worked out. Much of my tiredness comes from the crazy travel we've been doing (out of town every weekend but one in the last 8 weeks), and the fact that I had to wake up every morning at 7:30 for the man checking for the "coons" that may have been caught in the traps he had to set. Oh, sad sad Galveston... we also had many "floods" due to other rodents eating wires or something. Scarytown. I'm going to look at it as a growing experience.... though I did sleep on the couch the first night waking up approximately every 1-2 hours in fear of a raccoon eating my face. It didn't--fyi.

Then I flew that evening... whoa, got to the airport 10 mins before my flight (this leads to extreme sweating and general hating of rude people--I'm sure this is also connected to my road rage), fly to Dallas, Bens picks me up--we go to a friends house, go to dinner, go back to their house, help fold shirts for a fundraiser at church (note I did not help fold shirts and instead laid on the couch and held a glass of wine and tried not to close my eyes). Sunday morning we got up and headed to ft. worth to drop off our dogs at my sisters, drove back to bedford to go to Luby's for Tabo's bday lunch, went and bought flowers, went to her 90th party, schmoozed with the elderly, had dinner with my fam, and then drove back to Austin to arrive at 10 pm. I then had work on Monday and extreme cleaning before my sis, mom, and little E showed up for a couple of days. I'm just tired. It's already Thursday. How did that happen? I have a HUGE report due at work, the rodeo this weekend, and then I head to NoLa for a conference (which I'm really looking forward to.) (and not only because I get to sleep in a big bed at a hotel by myself.) (Though I am looking forward to this and the waffles for breakfast.)

And then.............. I think we're home for 2 weeks until Easter, though I think the in laws are visiting some weekend between then. I know that this whole crazy busy thing is part of adult life, but seriously? I mean, I'm so thankful to get to visit people, and to have people visit, but I'm tired of doing it. I'm tired of loading up the car, saying a prayer Maggie won't puke in the back seat, and traveling 3 hours there, driving all over once we are there, leaving way later than we want to on Sunday and getting back late.

Did I mention that after Easter I get to stay at my house a WHOLE week before I then go stay at a hotel on lake Travis... in my own city... and schmooze with ministers? I mean, this is nice too, but again, not at home. I guess at least I won't have anything going on at night time and I see this as a huge bonus.

Oh, and did I mention that we're running the Cap 10k and I haven't so much been running? and I have so much been eating a lot of cheese and pizza and thin mint girl scout cookie ice cream? And that it's 2 weeks away?

Whoa... so by not being bitter, I mean that my bitterness is consuming me and wearing me out.
On Monday will be 60 days until we leave for Italy. AMAZING.

No comments: