Wednesday, April 1, 2009

lame train

SO, I've had many interesting and moving thoughts lately, but have not posted them as they are not bitter, but highly... nice. So, I'll give you a quick rundown as they do not "jive" with the current theme.

I was in NoLa for a conference and was in the garden district and there was much devastation around me... well, there used to be. I was being thoughtful as I was running (the only time I ran, PS, and almost died because I am out of shape.)

A theology of resurrection. It is a city who is thriving on a theology of resurrection. They have and are beginning to rebuild. Their spirits have not been broken. They are moving about their daily lives... and especially where I was, I was so struck with the beauty of flowers and nature. The flowers are growing and their world is re-creating.

This is also in consideration that a very important person passed away this week. You may remember the old minister who helped do our wedding (I believe he was 83 at the time...), his wife, a tri-delta from SMU and a very snappy woman, died this week. At the same time... (ok, not the SAME time, but you get my point) anyway... on Friday of last week, March 27, very good friends of ours had their first baby!

Here I sit, a week in a half from Easter, contemplating the realities of living in the dichotomy and promise of creation.

No comments: