Sunday, May 17, 2009

Defient and agressive.

FINALLY, my husband has come home--but much later than expected. First, one of the trolley's of luggage got lost (How does this happen?) Then Ben got stopped by the customs agent and missed his flight. Get this... because he looked defiant and aggressive and they're supposed to look for things like that. Um, what? Has anyone met my husband? Yes, he goes off on rants (though I think he's trying to get this under control), but he's not one of those guys who you look at and think. Dude, that guys about to lose it and probably go ape shiz (totally appropriate to use now that we have the Travis incident) on that person and stick her in the arm with our plastic ware that we're allowed to use at the airport. No one thinks that B had created a shank out of a straw from the food court. SO. Because of said missed flight, B spent EXTRA time at the LAX airport, then had to fly to Dallas and THEN to Austin and got in at 11 pm last night. Luckily, he was in a much better mood and we got to hang out with my sis and BIL last night and all giggle over JT's amazing performances on SNL (whilst having a drink or 2). Fun times!

Also fun times? We had our first run yesterday with TNT. It went well. I didn't get much of a workout in because I was hanging with some new people, but that's ok. We will all get to the finish line somehow! I also made some fantastic (read non-returnable impulse buys) at the Bettysport sale. Delightful! 2 sports bras, 50% off (so basically, I'm saving money), some sandals that I have been eyeing for quite sometime (regularly 130 and I got them for 50), and.....some yoga pants? Keep in mind that I do not do yoga. Perhaps I will take it up so as to use my very cute pants. Oops. They cost too much, but seriously. So darn cute. I deem them, "travel" pants. I will wear them on the plain and people will stare and think, "what a good purchase. I bet that had nothing to do with impulse and shopping highs." Cleverly, I'll pretend I don't hear them, but secretly, I do and I revel in the fact that I have mastered the art of buying only necessity items that will create a wardrobe that Stacie London will envy. OR... hate. Because I'm wearing Yoga (I mean, Travel) pants at an airport.

Whatever, Stacie. I'm going to Italy and these pants are perfect for 3 reasons.
1. They are adorable and have a ruffle.
2. They will not wrinkle and allow for much comfortable movement and plane sleeping
3. They are expandable.

I leave in 5 days. I will workout at least 2 of them. I will work for 4 of them. I will probably not have my head in the game because my eye is on the prize.

No comments: