Saturday, May 9, 2009

Where is my trip to Fiji?

Seriously? I hear that once you start valtrex you get some sort of tropical vacay in some remote destination.

Because I have herpes.
And I don't.
And we want to keep it that way.
Smile and run off into a waterfall together before jumping in your very cool car.

Perhaps I should back up a bit. So, I think I've mentioned that I've been crazy tiredstown lately. Maybe not? Either way, I've noticed--I thought it was simply due to my being on the road for 2 weeks, going into work at 5:30 etc. Well, all of those things lead to a "weakened immune" system that has now given me... the herp. Ok, not really. But "Herpes Zoster" aka Shingles. Yah, I'm 29 and have a viral outbreak of something that people over 60 normally get. I went to the doctor yesterday after waking up with a small rash on my back and stomach (which Ben told me to forget about and see what happens when asked if I should seek medical care.) Anywho, I called the docs office they said yes, I should def come in, and luckily I did. I mean, who would have known? I thought I had spinal meningitis, but nope just neck pain from a normal old virus that has been lying dormant in my system for the last 14 years.

So, you guys can stop learning the Thriller dance to be preformed at my funeral. It looks like I'll pull through now that I have my valtrex. Which, I thought I remembered them claiming it as a little purple pill--maybe that's something else? Seriously, because these are horse sized pills.

Yah... so when I went to pick up my valtrex and sleeping pills at the pharmacy (the same store where, you may recall I passed out and had to be cared for by the emt) I considered also buying a pregnancy test, a bottle of wine, and maybe some tampons--just to keep people guessing (or thinking that I'm a crazy whore who has genital herps, drinks so much she passes out at 2 pm, may be knocked up, still drinkin' and can't sleep at night so she's taking ambien.) You choose. it was great when I had my "consultation" with the pharmacist.

Awesome. I have shingles. I feel like poo and my husband is in Japan.

1 comment:

EMAAC said...

It is my understanding that shingles entitles you to a shopping trip...