Thursday, May 14, 2009

a system of rewards

So, I was just thinking about this... deep thinking... but I work on a system of rewards. I know it's weird, (or so I hear from the BB), but I do not check the mail. Ever. Should I live alone I'd probably only check it once a week. I've checked it 2x this week AND remembered to mail our mortgage check! (I also do not pay bills because of my ocd about finances. You may think this is odd that I would obsess bout such things given my "spending habits." however, I've decided that I spend because I'm unaware. If I were to be super aware we'd stay home and leave the lights off and warm ourselves by candles. Or, in our case, because we're in Texas, we'd cool ourselves by sitting on our ice block that we would also use to cool our items that needed the frigid air.)

I will also clean and then quit for a minute and do something enjoyable. I also used to run to a set point (in my mind) and then get to walk a few feet. I apparently run my life based on a need for rewards. WHICH is why I love presents. I have not analyzed where this comes from... that will be another post.

Just fyi.

2 comments:

SpeasHill said...

Dude...I'm so the same way. Definitely all about the rewards. Not sure if it is healthy or not...but it's how I roll.

Cate said...

you basically just described the philosophy of behavioral psychology. it couldn't be less weird to run your life around rewards and consequences... we all do it to some extent... you're just aware of it!