Friday, May 22, 2009

For when people stop being polite

and start getting real.

I heart this show. I longed to be on it. I feel secure in this because Am's wanted to be on it, too. Whatever.

SO, I leave for Italy today. Today today. I've just spent the last bagillion hours schmoozing way above my pay grade (Which was great and impressive and really nice to meet people) but it makes me tired. It is amazing how much schmoozing can take out of a person when they do it from 8 am-9pm. I think this ensures I will never run for public office or be the senior pastor of a large congregation. I'm sure you are now thinking, "well hells bells, wtf is she going to do then? These are the exact jobs I had picked out for her." Sorry to confuse you and change your opinion of me.

In other news I've had a very good friend recently diagnosed with breast cancer. It turns out that life has stopped being polite and started getting real. I think that when we're thrown into these situations it definitely means that we're grown ups. I mean, not that I didn't know this before (the 8-5 job did that, and the marriage, and the paying our own bills, etc etc etc), but this part. Sucks. I suppose that "on the edge" is where we meet people in life. IT's where we recognize one anothers humanity. It's where we can understand someone despite our backgrounds because we understand the emotion and the confusion. Without this "edge" we would fail to know lifes great hope. SO here I sit... on the edge of hope, on the edge of anger, on the edge of confusion, and on the edge of vacation.

With all of this edge-ness, I sure could use a big fluffy couch--one where you sit on it and your feet don't hit the ground.

No comments: