Wednesday, May 6, 2009

quien es esa chica?

SO, maybe I have called a hotline like... 20 times today. I saw in our newspaper that you could call in and take a quiz about Abba and Mama Mia to enter to win tickets to see mama mia. AWESOME. The questions were kind of hard and beyond my knowledge--and google was not moving fast enough for me to get the answers quickly. So I had to call back. 20 times. And do some serious research between calls. And then, once I knew all of the answers I called back and registered 4x. With 4 different numbers.

I've become "that" girl. The one that says these things aloud and people smile and nod and act like you're normal and then make fun of you to their friends--because you're not normal.

Did you know the name "ABBA" is taken from the first letter of each of their names? Did you know that one couple got divorced in 1979 and the other in 1981? Did you know that the A-Teens have done some remakes of their songs? (I did not as I have not ever heard of the A Teens which is why I picked the pussy cat dolls as that answer.) Did you know that Phil Collins did something or another on one of their songs? Did you know that their music is also featured in Muriel's Wedding?

1 comment:

Meach said...

I *did* know that one about Muriel's Wedding - because I grew up in a family that went to the artsy fartsy movies. This one's really pretty funny though, about an Austrailian woman who pretends she's engaged and creates these wedding albums with fake grooms and dresses and such. It's a little sick - but really really funny. That may or may not be me in the next 6 years.